Main factors affecting graphite electrode consumption
The consumption of graphite electrodes in electric furnace steelmaking runs through the entire smelting process, and its consumption is affected by many factors. Here, we only analyze the operation of the smelting process.
1. Poor quality or improper ratio of scrap steel results in poor slag-making effect and prolongs the smelting time; the increase in the number of feeding times and the data of through-holes increases the probability of damage and breakage at the bottom of the electrode; longer smelting time results in power consumption and electrode consumption A direct factor in the rise in losses.
2. Electric furnace power supply equipment and electrode specifications do not match
Electric arc furnace power transmission is high current and low voltage operation. If the power supply equipment capacity is too large and exceeds the limit load of the electrode, the inner electrode will be red from the bottom to the top when the arc starts 5 ~ 10MIN. The break frequency of the joints at the joints is increased and the bottom consumption is tapered. If the power supply capacity is low, the furnace temperature will not meet the process requirements within the effective medium heating time, and it will require delayed operation. The loss and consumption of graphite electrodes is the greatest for overload and overtime operation.
3. Forced increase of chemical energy and smelting intensity during oxidation period
During smelting, the amount of oxygen blowing is forced to increase (generally less than 45M3 / T) to achieve rapid melting and increase the furnace temperature. This will easily make the furnace condition poor and the furnace and the furnace will be rich, so that each phase electrode is in a high temperature flame. . When the electrode is in such a furnace environment, most of the layers have a serious phenomenon of layer formation and surface oxidation.
4. Technical aspects of electric furnace configuration and operation
There are essential differences between modern electric arc furnaces and traditional electric furnaces. The advent of ultra-high-power large-scale electric arc furnaces and hot-loaded steelmaking processes has increased the smelting strength and productivity, thereby putting forward higher technical requirements for the quality of graphite electrodes. The selection of the power transmission curve and gear during operation, the control of arc starting and stabilizing voltage and current, the use of long, medium and short arcs, the configuration and application of water cooling systems, etc. all affect the service life and consumption of the electrode. Played a key role.
5. Quality of graphite electrodes
At present, the smelting and process of electric arc furnaces have become more and more demanding on the oxidation resistance and thermal shock resistance of graphite electrodes, and the excessive consumption due to quality fluctuations has received great attention from direct users. Therefore, the balance and stability of graphite electrode quality are the most important factors in determining the consumption.